5 Spices That Can Help Your Beauty Routine
They may not look like it, but the small herbs and spices that you put in your dishes may be the key to unlock clearer, suppler and more glowing skin. But with a myriad of spices out in the market, finding one that can really help in improving your complexion might be difficult. To make things a lot easier for you, we’ve rounded up some of our favourite seasonings that might work wonders in your skin just as in your skillet.
1. Saffron – Rich in anti-bacterial qualities, saffron’s unique colour, flavour and medicinal properties is what made it well-known around the world. Packed with nutrients, it works as a great home remedy for treating acne and brightening your complexion. Try this DIY saffron face mask: Add about four strands of saffron to half a cup of whole milk, then let it soften for an hour or two. After that, apply the finish product on your face and neck, leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it off.
2. Clove – Since it’s also rich in antimicrobial properties, the oil of this fragrant spice can work wonders as an alternative for your facial cleanser. Other than that, clove can also be used to thicken your hair and prevent hair loss on its early stage.
3. Turmeric – Not only is this delicious spice a great anti-inflammatory addition to your smoothies, its properties can also provide beauty results like youthful, glowing skin. Incorporate it in your face mask routine by following this recipe: Mix a tablespoon each of turmeric, ground oats and honey, then stir until all ingredients are blended well. After that, apply them on your face and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes. Afterwards, rinse it with cold water then use your regular cleanser.
4. Cinnamon – There’s no better and more natural way to get plumper lips than using this skin-warming spice. Cinnamon is known as a great exfoliator that boosts circulation, while temporarily plumping the lips. Just wet a cinnamon stick, rub it on your lips and see its plumping results.
5. Fennel – It’s not just great for your spaghetti sauce, fennel also works wonders in reducing skin redness and irritation, as well as minimizing skin sensitivity caused by the exposure to the sun. To immediately feel its cooling effect, just soak half a teaspoon of fennel seeds in a cup of purified water then spray it all over your face and neck.
With these natural remedies, shaking up your beauty routine has never been easy. So what are you waiting for? Head over to your pantry now, and spice up your beauty routine, literally.