Food is definitely one of great pleasures in life, but did you know that eating well or sticking with a healthy diet can actually help in improving your looks? Yes, eat certain type of foods and you’ll eventually notice that your hair is shinier, your skin has a luminous glow and your nails a bit stronger. To give you a lowdown as to what these foods might be, we’ve listed down the top five foods that will certainly give you a myriad of beauty benefits.
1. Olive Oil. Not only is this oil great for cooking, it also works wonders in giving you the beauty boost that you need. Olive oil has that moisturizing effect that nourishes your insides, resulting to fairer skin, shinier hair and healthier nails.
2. Avocados. Other than being a nutrient-packed fruit, avocado is also loaded with lutein and mono-unsaturated fat that helps in warding off aging. If you haven’t included avocado in your diet yet, then start now by eating them with a pinch of salt and lime, or mixing them into your egg and pancake meals. This fruit will surely make your pancakes fluffier, while giving you the beauty benefits you want.
3. Almonds. Another great addition to your go-to healthy snack during your busy times would be almonds. Not only is it a great source of vitamin E, this nut is also known in reducing facial lines and wrinkles, as well as in treating acne. You can simply eat alone, or mix in some dried fruits and mini chocolate chips for an added variety for flavour and health benefits.
4. Baking Soda. Besides the foods that you can ingest, there are also several items in your pantry that you can also introduce into your beauty regimen, and baking soda is one of them. Although it can’t be ingested, you can incorporate baking soda into your facial scrub. Just mix it with olive oil and a bit of water to create your scrub, and you can already use it to exfoliate your face and body every day.
5. Coconut and Grape Seed Oil. These oils definitely works wonders in the skillet, but they are also great for the skin. Being loaded with vitamin E, grapeseed oil is excellent at keeping the appearance of wrinkles at bay. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is rich with antioxidants and hydrating properties that aid in reducing inflammation and keeping the skin well moisturized. Since it’s a chock full of beauty benefits, you can even combine it with avocado to create a homemade hair mask.
Getting shinier hair and fairer skin doesn’t solely rely on store-brought products. Sometimes, getting an instant beauty boost also has something to do with the foods that we put into our body. So ensure that you only eat the healthiest food there is to ensure a good overall health and appearance.