Do you think that your travel habits change as you age? For others, they say that it has nothing to do with age. As long as you have the heart of a traveller, habits will not change. However, others believe that travel habits change as you grow older and, ideally, more mature.
For frequent travellers, here are some habits that change as one grows old:
- Clubbing: When you are young, it is as if there is no tomorrow when you party. That is understandable since you have all the energy in the world. You can survive days without any proper sleep. But when you grow old, you will not be able to keep up with the party past 9 or 10PM. When you are old, a night out is less about club hunting and more about spa hopping.
- Shopping: When you are young, you tend to go for shopping every now and then but when you grow old, you just want to get it over with and go home with whatever souvenirs you find easy to handle.
- Accommodations: You tend to look for cheap hostels and backpackers inn when you are young but when you get old, you have to look for nice and comfy accommodation. Old people tend to choose and stay at hotels in central locations.
- Slow travel: Young people seem to be bursting with energy, traveling as though they’re on a race. Older travellers prefer a slower pace, and savouring their journey as well as their destination. They avoid stressing themselves and take things slowly while watching the lives of other people unfold.
- Other factors: There are other factors that change travel habits of old people. For instance, the change in situation like budget constraints, children and health concerns matter.
If you believe that travel habits change as you grow old, you have to decide now more than ever to travel. You have to decide now – at this very moment where you are free, strong and open minded. Regardless of your age and disposition in life, the important thing here is you savour every moment and be inspired of the adventures. Even when you revisit a place, there will always be something to discover.
When you travel, it is imperative that you arrange everything before actually flying. Do not forget about the visa restrictions (if there is a need) and the accommodation. An itinerary would be great so you won’t get lost at the end of the day.