During rushed mornings, one of the biggest time suckers for every busy Singapore women is blow drying and styling their hair. Luckily, it’s now possible to skip the whole blow drying process just by sporting a gorgeous wet hairstyle. So next time you’re fresh out of the shower with no blow-drying time to spare, opt for any of these styles to make you look completely put together, even on times that you’re not.
1. Braided Side Bun
If braiding is your thing, then you’ll surely go crazy for this braided low-side bun. Donning this wet look won’t just save you time on hair drying, it can also be a great way to show off your hairstyling skills.
- For this hairstyle, create a deep side part in your hair. Then, start forming the inside-out French braid on the opposite side of your part. Continue braiding your hair until it reaches the back of your ear.
- Create another French braid on the other part, and braid until it reaches the nape of your neck.
- Set all your free hair into a ponytail and place it behind your ear near your first braid. In this step, make sure that both the braids you made are tucked in the ponytail.
- Lastly, divide your ponytail into two sections, then braid each section up to the ends, individually wrap it on the base of your elastic, and secure it with bobby pins.
2. Double Twist
Does the thought of sporting a sloppy, dripping-wet bun make you cringe? Well, that doesn’t have to be that way. The double twist hairstyle is definitely the most sophisticated of the bunch. So if you’re looking for an extra chic style for your wet hair, this is your look.
- Using a wide-toothed comb, create a deep centre part starting from your forehead up to the tops of your crown. After that, create another part starting at the top of your crown down the back your ear, on either side of your head. Secure each of these sections to the side.
- Divide the back portion of your hair into two low ponytails, and make sure that they are close together as much as possible.
- Twist the each ponytails up to the ends and wrap it around your elastic to form two small buns.
- Unclip the front section of your hair and start twisting your hair back towards the bun you made. Twist your hair down until the end and lay it on top of your buns. Do the same for the other side, and then secure it with bobby pins.
3. Headband Tuck
Not only does this hairstyle give a boho goddess vibe, it’s also the simplest and quickest style that you can use for your wet hair. Just pick any decorative headband of your choice to add some personality to your overall look.
- Create a natural part on your hair, and roughly tousle your ends to add some texture to your hair.
- Place your chosen headband over your head in a hat position. Place it any way you want, just make sure that the headband’s back part is on top of your hair.
- Once the headband is secured, start tucking the ends of your hair into it. Evenly tuck your hair into the band to achieve the fullness that you want.
4. Twists and Braids
This hairstyle is the whole package with both the braids and twists. The look can transition seamlessly from day to night, and can even give you that killer beach waves when you take it out later in the day.
- Divide the front section of your hair near your forehead, leaving the side portions out.
- Start making your French braid in the front section. Make sure that you grab equal pieces of your hair as you go. French braid it until you’re halfway through then transition to the normal braid down to the ends.
- Set the remaining section of your hair, including the braided portion, into a low ponytail and secure it with an elastic band.
- Divide your ponytail into four equal sections. Twist each section until your ends, then pin it at the base of the elastic using bobby pins.